The costs of long-term care can exceed $90,000 per year. And with an average stay of over 2.8 years, those costs should worry any family. Few families can pay those kind of expenses, so it is not surprising that almost 75% of people in long-term nursing care facilities end up on Medicaid. You can spend down through all your assets, and then end up qualifying for Medicaid once you have nothing left. But there is a better way.
Our law firm is dedicated to working with seniors to protect their assets and to qualify for long-term Medicaid care. We have the experience and knowledge needed to navigate Medicaid’s changing landscape of intricate and complicated guidelines. This experience lets us create strategies to preserve a substantial amount of our clients’ assets.
Questions we can help you with
- Can I qualify for Medicaid and still leave my home to my children?
- How much of our income can my spouse retain while I am in a nursing care facility?
- What is the most effective way to plan gifts and transfers?
- How can I make sure me and my spouse do not out live our savings?
- What is a Trust, and do I really need it?
- What’s the danger in applying for Medicaid on my own?
Our firm is here to assist seniors and their families in their estate planning needs, whether it be preparation of a Medicaid application to obtain government assistance for nursing home costs, a Qualified Income Trust, an Asset Protection Trust, or saving your home from the Medicaid Estate Recovery Program (MERP).
What to Expect During Your First Medicaid Consultation
During our first visit with you, we will begin the process of answering three questions:
- Do you qualify for Medicaid?
- How soon can you get approved for benefits?
- How much of the total estate can you preserve?
Our staff will work with you to collect all the health and financial information required for the Medicaid process. The department that oversees Medicaid benefits wants to know two basic things: how much income do you have, and what assets do you own?
Once we have assessed your information, we will provide a complete analysis of what you can expect if you chose to engage our firm. This is all before you have made any financial commitment to our firm. After we have reviewed your information and are convinced we can help, we will quote you a one-time flat fee to cover all the costs associated with your case.
What to Expect During the Next Steps
When you hire our law firm, we walk with you and your family though the entire process of Medicaid planning:
- A personalized strategy to reduce of even eliminate nursing home expenses
- A comprehensive plan to protect your assets for your spouse, children, and other worthy causes
- A dedicated case manager to assist with your application paperwork and to represent your case with the Medicaid office
We will be with you from start to finish in the process and will be available to assist with any problems along the way.